The Week That Was (30.Oct-5.Nov.17)
Happy Friday! Much as I love Halloween (and even got a little misty when I realized that my eight-year-old has more trick-or-treating years behind her than she does ahead of her), I'll be the first to admit I woke up on 1.November feeling like a weight had been lifted. Between the schedule disruptions, the month-long calendar of events and, of course, the candy everywhere, October is the new December -- but, unlike December, everyone still has to keep going to work and school. We are all pretty jagged around here by now, and I'm looking forward to a rather quiet weekend:
- On Saturday, I'm going to Coffee with the Director at Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium. It's an event for their patron members to learn more about the new Asian Highlands exhibit that's opening next year. Like everything at the Omaha Zoo, Asian Highlands promises to be epic.
- I'm hoping to stop by the grand opening of Artifact's new storefront. Omaha designer Chris Hughes started his company with a simple waxed canvas lunch tote in 2010 and has grown his collection to include a whole line of leather and canvas gear.
- Lost Restaurants of Omaha, the new book written by OhMy!Omaha blogger Kim Reiner, is having its launch party, and will also be at the Read It & Eat It conference at the Omaha Public Library's downtown branch. For my interview with Kim about the book, you can click here.
- I am beyond obsessed with these stainless steel straws.
- I only have two more episodes left of the new Stranger Things. Are you watching? What do you think?
- I'll be mourning the loss of the print edition of Teen Vogue. Every time a print edition of a great magazine closes, an angel dies.
- We're T-23 days until we leave for Disneyland and I'm starting to put serious thought into what to pack. Since I love my extra long Anker lightning cable -- and since we have about a million devices between the five of us -- one thing I'm seriously considering is this Anker portable charger with three USB ports and double-speed charging. If you've tried it, let me know what you think.
Hope you have a fab November weekend!